Which factors contribute to your SEO RANKING?
There are many different factors that contribute to your SEO rankings both on-page and off-page. Here is a selection of examples to consider and some tips on making sure SEO campaign is up to scratch.
ON PAGE : A number of on-page factors can effect your SEARCH ENGINE RANKING.
A) KEYWORDS Use relevant keywords naturally – don’t overuse them!
FOR ALL PAGES AND POSTS ON YOUR SITE, OPTIMISE YOUR:
A title tag tells users and search engines what the topic of your page is. The <title> tag should be placed within the <head> tag of a HTML document. Give each page of your site a UNIQUE title of up to 65 characters (including spaces).
As well as titles, each page should have a META DESCRIPTION that tells SEARCH ENGINES what the page is about.
A page’s Meta description gives Google and other SEARCH ENGINES a summary of what the page is about. This should be longer than the title, giving more information but should be no more than 155 characters (again incuding spaces). Keep this UNIQUE per page.
These are used to structure pages for users and SEARCH ENGINES to better understand what the content is about. Main titles should be <h1>Title here</h1>, whilst subheadings should be <h2>Sub heading here</h2>. This makes your page easier to read, breaking up text and allowing people to reach the part of the page that is MOST VALUABLE to them.
27.000.000 pieces of content are shared every day to stand out your content needs to be:
– GOOD QUALITY so people will want to read it
– UNIQUE 78% of consumers believe that organisations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them
– USEFUL so people will find it engaging
– LINKABLE people will share good content via their social networks or on their website
– FREQUENT so people rely on you as a source
– NATURAL people do not want content stuffed with keywords
USE DIFFERENT TYPES OF CONTENT TO ENGAGE YOUR AUDIENCES:
COMPANIES THAT BLOG GET 55% MORE WEB TRAFFIC
A) TECHNICAL PART
– XML SITEMAP : A list of the pages on your website. Tells SEARCH ENGINES the URLs on your site to crawl which might have been missed.
– ROBOTS.TXT : Tells search engines what content on your website you want or DON’T want indexed and directs them to your XML sitemap. You put this file within your site’s main directory for the search engine robots to find.
– SITE SPEED : NOBODY likes a SLOW WEBSITE! Bounce rates multiply on slow-loading websites meaning less chance of conversions.
THE WORK COACH CAFE SAW A 40% INCREASE IN TRAFFIC AFTER ADDRESSING SITE PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS
– BROKEN LINKS : The ultimate disappointment – not being able to find something that was once there. Get them redirected to a relevant live page if possible, or to a FANCY 404 page linking back to your Home or Contact page.
– URL HIERARCHY : Make sure you URL naming struce makes sense so seach engine crawlers can determinate the information is correct. For example. www.example.com/seo-info/url-hierarchy.
D) OFF PAGE – SOCIAL SIGNALS
67% OF INTERNET USERS USE SOCIAL MEDIA
– BE PRESENT : Actively keep your social media channels updated – but DON’T overdo it. More posts do not mean a higher amount of engagement – in fact, it can be quite the opposite.
– BE ENGAGED : Let your customers know you;re listening – help them and encourage conversation. If a customer replies to your social media update, DON’T leave them hanging.
– GET YOUR CONTENT SHARED : On any content that you produce, make sure that you make social sharing as easy as possible using social share buttons (you can find the code on social network sites)
AUTHORSHIP ON GOOGLE+
GOOGLE+ HAS 359 MILLION MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS
Your Google+ image can now show alongside content on Google Search Results. Your credibility as an author of good content will help you rank and builds authority for your brand.
GENERATE INBOUND LINKS WITH CONTENT MARKETING
1) BLOG POSTS 2) GUEST POSTS 3)VIDEOS 4)INFOGRAPHICS
Why your SEO needs to be up to scratch!?
75% OF USERS NEVER SCROLL PAST THE FIRST PAGE OF SEARCH RESULTS
The top listing in Google organic search gets 33% of traffic, the second gets 18% and it’s a slippery slope from there.
NEED TO RANK HIGH FOR YOUR SPECIALITY; OTHERWISE YOUR POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS MAY WITCH TO YOUR COMPETITORS.